Hire me before buying a new construction home!
Did You Know… that it’s the BUILDER against the BUYER? That’s what happens when buying a new construction home and you use the builder’s real estate agent for the paperwork.
Most buyer’s don’t know the process of buying a new construction home and think they don’t need a Realtor to represent them. The agents that are in the model and selling the new built homes represent the builder, not you. A builder’s agent does not have your best interests in mind. The builder’s agent is there to boost the profits of the builder, in other words, they are far from impartial.
On the other hand, when you hire me as your Realtor, I have a legal and ethical responsibility to tell you about all the features of your potential new home, whether they are positive or negative.
In most cases, hiring a Realtor is Free. It is the builder’s responsibility to pay the agent. Typically, a real estate agent’s commission is built into the price of the home, so there are no additional savings by not having a Realtor by your side.
Here are some reasons that you should hire me as your Realtor to represent you:
• I am there to protect your best interests, accordingly. I’m with you every step of the way from start to finish.
• I will be able to tell you if this is a sound investment for you and your future. I will tell you if it’s overpriced, what the comps are and if there are too many investors buying into the neighborhood.
• Throughout the entire process I will make sure your earnest money is not at risk.
• I will help you find the best lender for you. You will not have to rely on using the builder’s lender.
• At the design center I can help you stay on budget so you still qualify for the loan. Plus, I know what upgrades make a difference for resale for some day in the future
• I highly advise a professional, impartial home inspection be done and I will be there during this.
• I will be there for the final walk through to make sure that everything listed in your contract is complete.
• I will review the lenders paperwork, making sure your interest rate and fees are correct and that there is no prepayment rider.
• I will be present at the title company when you are signing all your closing documents.
I know the process of buying a new construction home from the ground up!
Do yourself a favor and do not visit a model home without me, Marie Shafer, as your Realtor. After your 1st visit to the model homes you will not have anyone to represent you if your Realtor is not there….do you really want to take the chance that they will put your interests first?
There are NO second chances! It does not cost you a dime to have me represent you, so call me today!